The Past Simple












Hello learners!

In this post we are going to revise a new tense that we studied in class: Past Simple. By now you must know the past of the verb "to be" and the forms there was and there were, as well as the past simple of regular and irregular verbs. I also explained to you the different pronunciations of the regular past suffix "-ed".  
Now, look at the following structures as a summary of what I taught you in class.

REGULAR VERBS
Affirmative: Subject + Infinitive-ED (e.g. I walk - I walked)
Negative: Subject + DIDN'T + Infinitive (e.g. I don't walk - I didn't walk)
Interrogative: DID + Subject + Infinitive (e.g. Do you walk? - Did you walk?)
Short Answer: Yes, I did. / No, I didn't.

IRREGULAR VERBS
Affirmative: Subject + Irregular past form (e.g. I go - I went)
Negative: Subject + DIDN'T + Infinitive (e.g. I don't go - I didn't go)
Interrogative: DID + Subject + Infinitive (e.g. Do you go? - Did you go?)
Remember that these key words usually go with past simple:
AGO I lived in Sevilla five years ago
LAST My parents went to Portugal last week
YESTERDAY I saw Peter in the park yesterday
IN She was born in 1997


¡Hola estudiantes!

En este post vamos a revisar otro tiempo que hemos estudiado en clase: pasado simple. A estas alturas ya debéis conocer el pasado del verbo to be  y las formas de there was / 
there were (había), así como el pasado simple de los verbos regulares e irregulares. También os expliqué las diferentes pronunciaciones del sufijo pasado regular"-ed".

Ahora, observad las siguientes estructuras como un resumen de lo que os enseñé en clase.


VERBOS REGULARES
Afirmativa: Sujeto + Infinitivo-ED (ej. I walk - I walked)
Negativa: Sujecto + DIDN'T + Infinitivo (ej. I don't walk - I didn't walk)
Interrogativa: DID + Sujecto + Infinitivo (ej. Do you walk? - Did you walk?)
Short Answer: Yes, I did. / No, I didn't.

VERBOS IRREGULARES
Afirmativa: Sujeto + pasado irregular (ej. I go - I went)
Negativa: Sujecto + DIDN'T + Infinitivo (ej. I don't go - I didn't go)
Interrogativa: DID + Sujeto + Infinitivo (ej. Do you go? - Did you go?)

Recuerda que estas palabras clave van con el pasado simple:
AGO                     I lived in Sevilla five years ago
LAST                   My parents went to Portugal last week
YESTERDAY     I saw Peter in the park yesterday
IN                        She was born in 1997


For practice:

No comments:

Post a Comment